After an Accident
Auto accidents: Even the most careful drivers may be involved. Knowledge of what to do after the accident can make the experience a little less frightening and decrease the chance of unnecessary complications.
- Check for injuries. Life and health are more important than damage to vehicles. Make note of specific damages to all vehicles involved.
- Write down the names, addresses and license numbers of persons involved in the accident. Also, write a description of the other vehicles.
- Call the police, even if the accident is minor.
- Jot down names and addresses of anyone who may have witnessed the accident. This can prevent disagreement concerning how the accident actually happened.
Other Do’s and Don’ts
- DO jot down details about the accident, the location, and circumstances such as weather conditions and visibility.
- DO notify your insurance agent about the accident immediately.
- DON’T sign any document unless it is for the police or your insurance agent